Senior Corporate Lawyer.
Job no: 494946
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales
Categories: Corporate, Residential
Frasers Property Australia is one of Australia's leading diversified property groups with over 650 staff and operations across Australia. Our parent company, Frasers Property Limited, is a multi-national property group that owns, develops and manages a diverse portfolio of properties across the globe, and is listed on the SGX-ST with total assets of more than S$27 billion and a portfolio spanning over 80 cities around the world.
The Residential line of business are currently seeking an experienced senior property development projects lawyer to join the team based in our Rhodes Office. Reporting to the General Manager, Legal the Senior Corporate Lawyer will be responsible for providing support to the General Manager (GM), managing legal matters and providing commercially relevant advice to the residential line of business and to the Corporate functions.
As the successful applicant, this role will see your responsibilities include:
- Delivery of legal advice and services to the Residential business and Corporate functions
- Act as a commercial advisor to relevant stakeholders
- Project manage the legal aspects of residential property developments
- Assist GM in the management of the Residential Legal function and Corporate Legal function
- Assist with business strategy
- Manage acquisitions, divestments and restructures and all legal aspects of project delivery
- Review of contracts and agreements related to residential development and construction
- Support the GM in disputes, insolvencies and litigation matters
- Work closely with the external legal panel to deliver legal services
As the ideal applicant you will possess:
- A relevant tertiary qualification (LLB) and a current practising certificate
- Significant post qualification experience in property development and construction
- Demonstrated experience in complex transaction management and negotiations
- Experience in negotiating and administering major construction, design and consultancy contracts, joint venture and capital arrangements
- Significant in-house experience which included responsibility for general corporate and commercial and compliance matters
- Strong project and practice management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly developed abilities of influence and negotiation
About working for Frasers Property Australia:
At Frasers Property Australia, we are driven by a belief that ‘experience matters’,. Understanding the human side of property is our greatest asset and inspires our workplaces. We maintain an environment of equality where all staff members are supported in their efforts to achieve their full potential. We implement policies and work practices that encourage flexible work options to assist all staff to balance their work, life and family responsibilities, including our paid parental leave scheme and flexible work options.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend