Operations / Facilities Manager - Iconic Retail Shopping Centre in Burwood East.
Job no: 499037
Work type: Full time
Frasers Property Australia is one of Australia's leading diversified property groups with over 650 staff and operations across Australia. Our parent company, Frasers Property Limited, is a multi-national property group that owns, develops and manages a diverse portfolio of properties across the globe, and is listed on the SGX-ST with total assets of more than $33 billion and a portfolio spanning over 80 cities around the world.
The vision for Burwood Brickworks is to create the world’s most sustainable retail centre and is on track to open its doors in only a few months’ time. We are seeking an experienced Retail Operations / Facilities Manager who will ensure the successful opening and ongoing operations of this iconic centre.
Working as part of the Centre Management Team and reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the management of all aspects of building services, statutory compliance, maintenance, sustainability and risk management while also providing exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Provide outstanding leadership and customer service skills to internal and external stakeholders and the wider community
- Implement practises and policies for safety and sustainability
- Work with Retail Tenancy Delivery and managing delivery of onsite works
- Manage procurement and supply chain for centre
- Manage supplier performance against contracts
- Ensure all plant and equipment is operated and maintained in a condition that meets the short and long-term commercial objectives o
- Manage defect reporting and rectification works
- Undertake regular inspections of properties, plant and equipment to ensure they are free from risks to health and safety and rectify all risks
- Develop and monitor the OPEX and CAPEX Budgets for the centre
- Guide and develop on-site Centre Staff and Operations Managers
As the ideal applicant you will possess:
- Demonstrated previous experience in managing retail assets
- Proven acumen in terms of managing budgets, operational plans and contracts
- Understanding of emerging technology in retail facilities management
- An understanding of the current challenges faced by the Retail management industry
- A strong alignment with core business values, are passionate about excellence in safety outcomes & helping employees develop to their full potential
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Experience in stabilising greenfield retail assets
- Experience in operating mixed-use assets
- Relevant technical qualification – e.g. engineering degree, trade qualification or equivalent.
In this role you will hold the key for the smooth opening and operation of our flag-ship, resulting in a positive customer experience for both, our retailers and residents. If you are ready to take on this challenge, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
About working for Frasers Property Australia:
At Frasers Property Australia, we are driven by a belief that ‘experience matters”. Understanding the human side of property is our greatest asset and inspires our workplaces. We maintain an environment of equality where all staff members are supported in their efforts to achieve their full potential. We implement policies and work practices that encourage flexible work options to assist all staff to balance their work, life and family responsibilities, including our paid parental leave scheme and flexible work options.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now