Development Director New Business.
Job no: 499185
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales
Categories: Residential, Retail
Frasers Property Australia is a diversified property group, with over 650 staff and active in residential, retail and commercial property, right across the country. We began developing property in Australia in 1924, and today we’re part of the global Frasers Property Group, with S$38.8 billion in assets in more than 80 cities around the world. In Australia and across the globe, we believe experience matters, and that puts our customers at the heart of our business.
The Development NSW line of business are currently seeking an experienced Development Director to join the team based in our Sydney Office. Reporting to the General Manager - Development, the Development Director - Acquisitions will be responsible for leading all new business activity for the NSW business unit by planning, implementing and administering efficient and effective acquisition strategies.
As the successful applicant, this role will see your responsibilities include:
- Lead the identification, evaluation. and negotiate the purchase of, development sites for acquisition
- Lead research initiatives to build a commercial understanding of development market growth opportunities
- Prepare Investment Committee briefing papers and reports, and assist in preparing monthly reports to the General Manager and Executive Management team
- Manage consultants to ensure appropriate approvals and tender/bid submissions dates are achieved and comply with landowner requirements
- Assist in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing Director the preparation of the acquisition design brief
- Review all product selections to maximise yield potential and satisfy market expectations
- Establish and maintain strong networks and good working relationships with sales agents, authorities, consultants and Joint Venture partners
As the ideal applicant you will possess:
- Degree qualification in Planning, Valuation, and/or Property Economics
- Property industry experience in the acquisition of residential development sites
- Contract and procurement skills
- Demonstrated strong networking ability
- Experience in cost planning, cost control, forecasting, accounting and commercial administration
- Experienced use of appropriate development feasibility software and subsequent financial analysis (Argus Developer preferred)
About working for Frasers Property Australia:
At Frasers Property Australia, we are driven by a belief that ‘experience matters”. Understanding the human side of property is our greatest asset and inspires our workplaces. We maintain an environment of equality where all staff members are supported in their efforts to achieve their full potential. We implement policies and work practices that encourage flexible work options to assist all staff to balance their work, life and family responsibilities, including our paid parental leave scheme and flexible work options.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend