Construction Manager - Residential.
Job no: 499407
Work type: Full time
Location: Western Australia
Categories: FPA Development
Frasers Property Australia is one of Australia’s leading diversified property groups, with over 600 staff and active in residential, retail and commercial property, right across the country. We began developing property in Australia in 1924, and today we are part of the global Frasers Property Limited, with S$38.7 billion in assets in more than 80 cities around the world. In Australia and across the globe, we believe experience matters, and that puts our customers at the heart of our business.
Our Development line of business are currently seeking a Construction Manager to join the team based at our Port Coogee Marina Village residential development. Reporting to the Development Director, the Construction Manager will be responsible for delivering project objectives, achievement of financial returns and a high level of customer service and project quality from tender to close-out.
As the successful applicant, this role will see your responsibilities include:
- Ensuring compliance with all HSE requirements
- Establishing and maintaining construction budgets, monthly reporting, tender reviews and letting, etc.
- Planning and programming, including monitoring, delay identification, customer settlement forecasts, and key data input
- Assisting design consultants with meeting design briefs, value management, design defect removal, and compliance with all codes and standards
- Preparing tender documentation, tendering, managing RFI’s, reviewing tenders in conjunction with the external cost planner, and making recommendations
- Preparing all contract documentation with FPA’s legal team, and managing contractors during construction administration and post-completion stages
- Optimising project margins and managing commercial risk through cost planning and reporting, including from initial feasibility to close-out
- Preparing with the Development Manager the funding applications, assisting in obtaining authority and utility/service providor approvals, managing the external contractor, liaising with the sales and marketing teams, etc
- Liaising with development teams, design consultants, sales and marketing, and external contractors to deliver a high-quality design product on time
- Developing and maintaining good relationships between FPA and local authorities, consultants, contractors and internal/external sales agents
As the ideal applicant you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Demonstrated project and/or construction management experience in large-scale residential development including apartments, townhouses and mixed-use
- Experience in managing AS4902 and AS4000 Contracts
- Demonstrated experience in cost planning, cost control, forecasting, and commercial administration
- Excellent knowledge of the NCC, Council and other authority requirements
- Highly developed problem-solving abilities, decision-making skills, and interpersonal skills
About working for Frasers Property Australia:
At Frasers Property Australia, we are driven by a belief that ‘experience matters”. Understanding the human side of property is our greatest asset and inspires our workplaces. We maintain an environment of equality where all staff members are supported in their efforts to achieve their full potential. We implement policies and work practices that encourage flexible work options to assist all staff to balance their work, life and family responsibilities, including our paid parental leave scheme and flexible work options.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend