Assistant Development Manager - Retail.
Job no: 499581
Work type: Full time
Categories: FPA Development
From the iconic vertical gardens of Sydney’s Central Park, to the world’s most sustainable shopping centre at Burwood Brickworks in Melbourne, and Australia’s answer to Silicon Valley at Central Place Sydney, Frasers Property Australia creates sustainable places which unite people for a better future.
Our operations cover residential, build-to-rent, commercial and retail development, we own and manage investment property, and provide property and asset management services. With a focus on place-making and community building, we’ve built over 140,000 homes for Australians.
Our Development line of business are currently seeking an experienced Assistant Development Manager to join the team based in our St Kilda Road office. Reporting to the Development Manager, the Assistant Development Manager will be responsible for planning, feasibility, leasing, delivery and operation of retail and mixed-use projects.
As the successful applicant, this role will see your responsibilities include:
- Master planning and feasibility analysis of developments
- Assist in statutory planning, and preparation of authority lodgements
- Support the preparation and negotiation of major tenant lease agreements
- Prepare retail leasing and sale strategies, proposals, budgets and reports
- Assist in retail sale strategy, administration, and marketing
- Work closely with the Design and Project Management teams through concept design, design development and documentation stages, and the tender process
- Manage tenancy designers and design approvals
- Work closely with the Project Management team during the construction stage to monitor progress including issue resolution
- Support the Asset team though the stabilisation period, including fit-outs and defects
- Prepare PCG and Board reports
- Maintain awareness of retail tenancy legislation, the local retail environment and broader retail trends
As the ideal applicant you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in property, commerce, development, construction, project management, or related fields
- Demonstrated experience working as an ADM or similar role
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with external consultants and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in negotiation of legal documentation for major and mini-major tenants
- Understanding of, and experience, in retail development is preferable
- Knowledge of the complete development cycle is essential
- Demonstrated experience in delivery of retail projects and/or mixed-use projects through the construction stage would be an advantage
- Skills and experience with Argus, SAP and MS Project, etc are advantageous
About working for Frasers Property Australia:
International in scale but local at heart, Frasers Property values diversity and believes that together, we’re better. Ours is a culturally safe, inclusive, open-minded workplace where everyone is empowered to be their best, challenged to grow and develop, and rewarded for their achievements. We employ over 500 people nationally, we’re recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Australian Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency, and we’re a White Ribbon Accredited workplace.
Frasers Property Australia is an Australian division of Frasers Property Limited, a multi-national real estate company with operations in 70 cities across 20 countries.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend