Project Design Manager - Design.
Job no: 499594
Work type: Full time
Categories: FPA Development
From the iconic vertical gardens of Sydney’s Central Park to the world’s most sustainable shopping centre at Burwood Brickworks in Melbourne, and Australia’s answer to Silicon Valley at Central Place Sydney, Frasers Property Australia creates sustainable places which unite people for a better future.
Our operations cover residential, build-to-rent, commercial and retail development, we own and manage investment property, and provide property and asset management services. With a focus on place-making and community building, we’ve built over 140,000 homes for Australians.
Our Development line of business are currently seeking a Project Design Manager with a design focus to join the team based in our St Kilda Road office. Reporting to the Design Manager, the Project Design Manager will be responsible for managing the architectural output, and for coordinating with and supporting the Design Management and Project teams.
As the successful applicant, this role will see your responsibilities include:
- Managing internal and external works from concept design through urban design and planning, to the start of design development
- Managing project workflows, deliverables, target milestones, and providing project updates
- Liaising with the Development team on feasibility studies
- Developing and presenting concepts and innovative ideas, including using sketch designs, massing models and perspectives
- Design managing all disciplines including external architects and interior designers, and running design workshops
- Reviewing consultants’ input to ensure project scope and design intent are achieved in a cost-effective manner
- Providing bespoke solutions to non-standard customer variations, and establishing customer upgrade options including pricing in consultation with Sales and Marketing
- Actively contributing alternative design solutions to add value
- Liaising closely with the Sales and Marketing teams including facilitating customer changes, preparing sales contract documents, and assisting with marketing collateral
- Assisting Marketing with branding/concepts, and on 3D renders by managing the external renderer, and overseeing interior designers’ materials boards
As the ideal applicant you will possess:
- Degree qualifications in Architecture or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in design and/or design management of large mixed-use developments - including apartments and townhouses - from concept design to design development
- Excellent skills in stakeholder management, presentation, and communication
- Intermediate to advanced skills and experience in AutoCAD and/or Revit are essential
- Skills and experience in SketchUp, MS Office, Adobe Suite, Aconex and Procore are desirable
- Working knowledge of planning regulations, BCA/NCC and Australian Standards
- A strong design sensibility, creativity, and innovative thinking
About Frasers Property in Australia:
International in scale but local at heart, Frasers Property values diversity and believes that together, we’re better. Ours is a culturally safe, inclusive, open-minded workplace where everyone is empowered to be their best, challenged to grow and develop, and rewarded for their achievements. We employ over 500 people nationally, we’re recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Australian Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency, and we’re a White Ribbon Accredited workplace.
Frasers Property Australia is an Australian division of Frasers Property Limited, a multi-national real estate company with operations in 70 cities across 20 countries.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend