Job no: 499454
Work type: Full time
Categories: FPA Development
From the iconic vertical gardens of Sydney’s Central Park, to the world’s most sustainable shopping centre at Burwood Brickworks in Melbourne, and Australia’s answer to Silicon Valley at Central Place Sydney, Frasers Property Australia creates sustainable places which unite people for a better future.
Our operations cover residential, build-to-rent, commercial and retail development, we own and manage investment property, and provide property and asset management services. With a focus on place-making and community building, we’ve built over 140,000 homes for Australians.
Our Development line of business are currently seeking an experienced Development Manager to join the team based in our St Kilda Road Office. Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Manager will be responsible for ensuring expectations on safety, cost, time, quality and customer service are met and fulfilling Development Management functions across land development communities.
As the successful applicant, this role will see your responsibilities include:
- Preparation of development cashflow forecasts and budgets
- Monitor and manage project costs (planning, development and construction) in line with budgets
- Identify, outline and manage risks and opportunities for the project and ensure they are communicated across the broader project team
- Working with joint venture partners to ensure required project reports are prepared and delivered and act as a point of contact for JV partners to ensure positive working relationships are maintained
- Prepare and develop project briefs inline with project vision and guiding principles; manage the design coordination process including exploration and implementation of environmentally sustainable design initiatives
- Ensure planning and development approvals are achieved according to brief; develop and maintain strong relationships between Frasers Property and local authorities, consultants and contractors
- In collaboration with Legal Advisors, prepare property titling plans and registration, preparation of residential sales contracts, tender documentation and applications for Funding Approvals
- Working with the Construction Director, ensure construction is completed in accordance with project brief, meeting feasibility timeframes, cost and quality expectations
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of the sales and marketing strategy; ensuring a customer first culture is met throughout the project
As the ideal applicant you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Property Economics, Commerce, Construction Management, Architecture or related fields
- Demonstrated experience as a Development Manager within residential or land development; or substantial experience as an Assistant Development Manager ready to move into a DM role
- Demonstrated knowledge of planning laws
- Contract and procurement skills
- Adept at decision-making, problem-solving, and influencing
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
About Frasers Property in Australia:
International in scale but local at heart, Frasers Property values diversity and believes that together, we’re better. Ours is a culturally safe, inclusive, open-minded workplace where everyone is empowered to be their best, challenged to grow and develop, and rewarded for their achievements. We employ over 500 people nationally, we’re recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Australian Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency, and we’re a White Ribbon Accredited workplace.
Frasers Property Australia is an Australian division of Frasers Property Limited, a multi-national real estate company with operations in 70 cities across 20 countries.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend