Design Manager – Retail & Residential.
Job no: 499476
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales
Categories: FPA Development
From the iconic vertical gardens of Sydney’s Central Park to the world’s most sustainable shopping centre at Burwood Brickworks in Melbourne, and Australia’s answer to Silicon Valley at Central Place Sydney, Frasers Property Australia creates sustainable places which unite people for a better future.
Our operations cover residential, build-to-rent, commercial and retail development, we own and manage investment property, and provide property and asset management services. With a focus on place-making and community building, we’ve built over 140,000 homes for Australians.
Our Development line of business are currently seeking a Design Manager to join the team based in our Rhodes office. Reporting to the Design Director, the Design Manager will be responsible for Retail and/or Mixed-Use projects in NSW.
As the successful applicant, this role will see your responsibilities include:
- Provide design direction and leadership to the development teams and lead architectural outcomes
- Collaborate with the Development Managers and Development Directors
- Appoint and manage the Consultant teams, coordinate design outcomes, achieve planning and development approvals, and produce documentation packages
- Conduct design feasibilities for new acquisitions, coordinate design presentation material, and generate design standards
- With the Delivery Project Management teams, ensure design quality and development outcomes are achieved by the Contractor
- Liaise with the General Manager - Retail Development on developing retail strategies for our retail centres, and design parameters and guidelines across the business
- Convene, chair and minute Design Meetings, conduct workshops and presentations
- Participate with the Sales and Marketing teams in preparation of marketing material
- Provide support to the Leasing team with major tenants’ design requirement reviews and coordination, provide design information, produce leasing plans, assist in appointing external Retail Design Managers
- Liaise with the QS/Cost Planner to ensure construction cost is within budget during the master planning and design stages, and drive value management
As the ideal applicant you will possess:
- Degrees in Architecture or equivalent
- Current Registration as an Architect in NSW is desirable
- Demonstrated experience in Design Management is preferable
- Demonstrated experience in retail, high-rise apartments, and/or mixed-use, is essential
- Urban design and master-planning experience is desirable
- High-level design skills, particularly in construction detailing
- Knowledge of local urban planning regulations
- Highly developed problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills
About Frasers Property in Australia:
International in scale but local at heart, Frasers Property values diversity and believes that together, we’re better. Ours is a culturally safe, inclusive, open-minded workplace where everyone is empowered to be their best, challenged to grow and develop, and rewarded for their achievements. We employ over 500 people nationally, we’re recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Australian Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency, and we’re a White Ribbon Accredited workplace.
Frasers Property Australia is an Australian division of Frasers Property Limited, a multi-national real estate company with operations in 70 cities across 20 countries.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend