Job no: 499179
Work type: Full time
Frasers Property Australia is a diversified property group, with over 650 staff and active in residential, retail and commercial property, right across the country. We began developing property in Australia in 1924, and today we’re part of the global Frasers Property Group, with S$38.8 billion in assets in more than 80 cities around the world. In Australia and across the globe, we believe experience matters, and that puts our customers at the heart of our business.
The Retail line of business is currently seeking an Operations Manager to manage the Burwood Brickworks Retail Centre. The Burwood Retail centre is a state-of-the-art super neighbourhood centre with sustainability initiatives designed to meet the Living Building Challenge that include a Black Water Treatment Plant, 1 MW of roof solar and a living, breathing urban farm.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, the Operations Manager will be responsible for working as part of the Centre Management Team and managing all aspects of building services, statutory compliance, maintenance, sustainability and risk management.
A key objective of this role will be the delivery of exceptional customer service and a focus on maximising the operational performance of the asset.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implement best practice operating standards for the asset
- Coordinate with the Retail Tenancy Delivery team on Cat 1 obligations and works
- Manage supplier performance against contract
- Undertake regular inspections for risk, safety and defects
- Maintain the asset management platform
- Develop and monitor Centre budgets
- Seek to maximise value on works completed
- Manage contractors and onsite safety
- Monitor energy, water and gas performance
- Collaborate with the Sustainability team
- Maintain and manage relationships with key stakeholder groups
As the ideal applicant you will possess:
- Prior experience, preferably in managing Retail assets
- A relevant technical qualification – engineering degree, trade qualification or equivalent
- Demonstrated commercial acumen around budgets, operational plans, contracts and commercial agreements
- Understanding of emerging technology in Retail facilities
- Proficient negotiation and conflict resolution skills, with demonstrable experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
About working for Frasers Property Australia:
At Frasers Property Australia, we are driven by a belief that ‘experience matters”. Understanding the human side of property is our greatest asset and inspires our workplaces. We maintain an environment of equality where all staff members are supported in their efforts to achieve their full potential. We implement policies and work practices that encourage flexible work options to assist all staff to balance their work, life and family responsibilities, including our paid parental leave scheme and flexible work options.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now